P2 fonts

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2002
      Dear PPL members

      I'm in the midst of writing an article on digital typefaces that work well
      with P2 based on a "certain" letterpress affinity. The article will
      focus primarily on the dfTYPE and H W Caslon & Co Ltd type foundries
      but with a historical tip of the hat to Lanston Type Co Ltd.

      Because of this I got to thinking that I would also like to build up
      a list of fonts here that do not also otherwise require letterpress
      configuration. If PPL members have have had reasonable (or
      preferably, remarkable) success with certain fonts, I would
      appreciate your input, and if enough interst is shown, I will put
      these in a permanent Database table.

      Thanks for your consideration

      Gerald

      Bieler@...
    • Mark Attwood
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2002
        Gerald wrote:
        > I would also like to build up
        > a list of fonts here that do not also otherwise require letterpress
        > configuration. If PPL members have have had reasonable (or
        > preferably, remarkable) success with certain fonts, I would
        > appreciate your input, and if enough interst is shown, I will put
        > these in a permanent Database table.

        Hi Gerald,

        a list of digital fonts that do not require special configuration for
        letterpress would be really useful if you do publish it.

        Regards,
        Mark.

        Mark Attwood

        The Artists' Press