Reminder: type tour on Sat., June 12

  • Kathleen Burch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2004
      APHA-NorCal* invites you to
      a special tour of the facilities of both
      M&H Type & the Arion Press
      in San Francisco
      Saturday, June 12 at 11 am

      Not included on any regular tour
      are promised tales
      of the legendary proprietors of the
      Grabhorn Press

      FREE to APHA-NorCal members
      $10 for non-members
      (so why not join at the tour?)

      Please e-mail reservations to club secretary Gregory Graalfs
      ggraalfs@...
      or call John McBride, chapter president, at 510-527-6835
      (but we certainly won't turn you away if you forget to reserve)

      APHA - American Printing History Association - is important
      organization for all those interested in printing history and its
      related arts and skills, including calligraphy, typefounding,
      typography, papermaking, bookbinding, illustration, and publishing. The
      Northern California chapter provides a way for local members to enjoy
      the fellowship and wealth of printing resources of this vibrant region.

      more APHA information at . . . http://www.printinghistory.org/

      M& H Type / Arion Press / Grabhorn Institute
      1802 Hays Street, The Presidio
      San Francisco, California 94129

      Directions
      Go west on Lake Street, turn right (north) on Fifteenth Avenue, enter
      the Presidio. To the right of the hospital is a tall smokestack, which
      is 1802 Hays Street. Follow the road up and around to the left. Parking
      is available in front of our building and in the lower lots near the
      Presidio entrance.

      http://maps.yahoo.com/
      maps_result?ed=GU9mhep_0TpirrAhsIYL4dkLOgxGv56GRg--
      &csz=San+Francisco+CA&country=us&cat=

      http://www.arionpress.com/mandh/index.htm

      -------