Photos on plate

  • jerome curchod
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2004
      Not directly about a black and white bitmap version of an image, but I got
      pretty good results emulating a low-grade stochastic screen to reproduce a 4
      color photo on my SP15. I used the diffusion dither Bitmap option in
      Photoshop (there was a discussion about it a while back on the list) at 100
      pixels/inch on each four color channels.
      You can have a look at http://www.thebonusroom.com/diffusion.portrait.html
      When not working with small type, I'm mostly making films by running
      transparency sheets twice through my Epson 1160 (the "registration" is
      perfect; quite a miracle), and I can only imagine that the result on that specific
      image would be even better with regular films. An option to consider when
      printing photos. It has a 70s newsprint look to it, but I was still quite amazed at
      the result. The random dot diffusion on each color channel also allows for
      slight misregistration when on press.

      Jerome Curchod