Re: Weiss, specifically Italic

    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2004
      Jeffrey

      Neufville-Bauersche is still casting from some of their holdings but I
      believe not all the Weiss is available. The website address is

      http://www.neufville.com/uk/start_uk.htm

      But this will only get you to their holdings. which are slated for
      digitization. But that probably won't happen.

      An email to

      Bauer@...

      will provide information about casting particulars to any interested.

      At one time Castcraft (of Chicago/NY Division) was an agent for
      Neufville and would facilitate orders but...

      Not much interest in buying good metal foundry I'm afraid, or the
      foundries would still be around. But then, the same circumstances
      applies to good digital type.

      Gerald

      > Weiss Roman is not available from any of the American metal
      foundries, at least according to "Typefaces Available from
      U.S.Foundries" on the AAPA website. Nor is it listed on the Stempel
      site (a longshot but I checked anyway). Bauer is still in business as
      Fundición Tipográfica Bauer, but I don't know whether they are still
      casting metal.