Re: Weiss, specifically Italic

  • Jeffrey Loop
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2004
      Weiss Roman is not available from any of the American metal foundries, at least according to "Typefaces Available from U.S.Foundries" on the AAPA website. Nor is it listed on the Stempel site (a longshot but I checked anyway). Bauer is still in business as Fundición Tipográfica Bauer, but I don't know whether they are still casting metal.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2004
        Jeffrey

        Neufville-Bauersche is still casting from some of their holdings but I
        believe not all the Weiss is available. The website address is

        http://www.neufville.com/uk/start_uk.htm

        But this will only get you to their holdings. which are slated for
        digitization. But that probably won't happen.

        An email to

        Bauer@...

        will provide information about casting particulars to any interested.

        At one time Castcraft (of Chicago/NY Division) was an agent for
        Neufville and would facilitate orders but...

        Not much interest in buying good metal foundry I'm afraid, or the
        foundries would still be around. But then, the same circumstances
        applies to good digital type.

        Gerald