Re: [PPLetterpress] Grain Direction for Wine Labels

  • Dave Allen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2004
      Roderick,
      Since you want it to curl around the bottle you want the grain to run up and down on the label.
      Dave
      At 09:25 PM 5/5/04 -0000, you wrote:
      >As some of you know, I'm printing wine labels. A fellow printer said
      >that for wine labels, the grain needs to go in a specific direction
      >but couldn't recall. Which is it? Grain long or grain short? I can't
      >figure this one out. (I'm soaking a bottle to get the label off now.)
      >
      >Thanks, Roderick
      >

      >• To respond to a post or post a message to the membership:
      >PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      >• Encountering problems? contact:
      >PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
      >• To unsubscribe:
      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      David Allen
      840 Snowdrop Avenue
      Victoria, British Columbia
      CANADA V8Z 2N4
      (250) 888-9380
      http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall

      "Today the nations of the world may be divided into two
      classes - the nations in which the government fears the
      people, and the nations in which the people fear the government."
      - Amos R. E. Pinochet