Grain Direction for Wine Labels

  • rxchow
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5 2:25 PM
      As some of you know, I'm printing wine labels. A fellow printer said
      that for wine labels, the grain needs to go in a specific direction
      but couldn't recall. Which is it? Grain long or grain short? I can't
      figure this one out. (I'm soaking a bottle to get the label off now.)

      Thanks, Roderick
    • Dave Allen
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5 2:34 PM
        Roderick,
        Since you want it to curl around the bottle you want the grain to run up and down on the label.
        Dave
        At 09:25 PM 5/5/04 -0000, you wrote:
        >As some of you know, I'm printing wine labels. A fellow printer said
        >that for wine labels, the grain needs to go in a specific direction
        >but couldn't recall. Which is it? Grain long or grain short? I can't
        >figure this one out. (I'm soaking a bottle to get the label off now.)
        >
        >Thanks, Roderick
        >

        >• To respond to a post or post a message to the membership:
        >PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
        >• Encountering problems? contact:
        >PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
        >• To unsubscribe:
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        David Allen
        840 Snowdrop Avenue
        Victoria, British Columbia
        CANADA V8Z 2N4
        (250) 888-9380
        http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall

        "Today the nations of the world may be divided into two
        classes - the nations in which the government fears the
        people, and the nations in which the people fear the government."
        - Amos R. E. Pinochet