Line Screen

  • rxchow
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2004
      I'm sending artwork to my service bureau for a negative, at what line
      screen should I specify? I've seen numbers ranging from 65, 85, and
      150 lpi for polymer plates.

      Thanks, Roderick
    • Regis Graden
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2004
        Roderick:

        What kind of press will you be printing on? How much shadow area in the
        photo? What kind of surface on the paper you will be printing on?

        Answer these questions and I'll get right back to you with an answer.

        Thank you,

        Regis

        I'm sending artwork to my service bureau for a negative, at what line
        screen should I specify? I've seen numbers ranging from 65, 85, and
        150 lpi for polymer plates.

        Thanks, Roderick

        PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
        . Encountering problems? contact:
        PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
        . To unsubscribe:
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Roderick
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2004
          Hi Regis,

          Vandercook 219
          Line art - no shadow
          Evergreen 80# ivory text

          I've attached a sample of the image. This is the wine
          label I trapping question about earlier.

          Thanks, Roderick

          --- Regis Graden <regispolyplates@...> wrote:
          > Roderick:
          >
          > What kind of press will you be printing on? How much
          > shadow area in the
          > photo? What kind of surface on the paper you will be
          > printing on?
          >
          > Answer these questions and I'll get right back to
          > you with an answer.
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Regis

        • Regis Graden
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2004
            Roderick,

            Great artwork!

            I think 120 line will be OK.

            Regis

            Message 5 of 6 , May 2, 2004
              Regis,

              With 80# text, I've been told that I shouldn't have
              any show-through (of ink). Correct?

              My recap: 1/2 point trap, black down last, 120 line
              screen.

              Many thanks again, Roderick

            • Regis Graden
              Message 6 of 6 , May 2, 2004
                Roderick,

                With 80# text there should not be showthrough, but with solids and enough
                pressure to print properly there could be some impression showing...but then
                that's letterpress.

                Best wishes,