Re: [PPLetterpress]

  • Michael Barnes
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2004
      Dear Roderick,

      I see that other better printers have answered the question of which
      ink to print first. I would only add that you should not ask your
      client about nor mention trap in any way to him. It is a technical
      subject that will only cause him worry. We have all looked at printed
      material all our lives without noticing trap (or kerns for that matter)
      unless these subjects were brought to our attention.

      Michael Barnes

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2004
        Roderick

        One other consideration, in the sequencing of the way you lay down
        colors (an after thought), is the tack of the ink. The first color
        down should have more tack than the next. Difficult in that the
        lighter colors, which need to be laid down first are generally those
        with the less tack. It's not all that hard to alter viscosity but a
        slight problem since the black is the last to be printed and is
        usually a stiffer ink...

        Gerald