Re: Miehle Question

  • AccuColor_Chicago
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 24, 2004
      Hi Michael,

      I have worked on a Indigo for five years, ink adhesion is one of
      the biggest issues to overcome. Here are smome guidelines
      that have helped me over time.

      Only use acid free papers or treated papers.

      Keep your ink conductivity between 85 and 105.

      Indigo ink seems to transfer more fully from the blanket to the
      paper in a room temperature of lower than 75 degrees.

      Let your work "set up" for an hour before backing up or trimming.
      Longer if the coverage is heavy. Work that scratches
      immediately after printing usually cools off and becomes solid a
      few hours later.

      Regarding the Vertical, I have two of those also. Great presses
      for die cutting or general printing. You will not be able to coat or
      varnish on it. Look for a cheap offset "duplicator" style offset
      press that will print the 12" X 18" sheet and run a varnish or
      aqueous coating on it.

      Best regards.

      Gary Mordhorst
      AccuColor Plus, Inc.
      Chicago
      www.accucolor.com

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Michael Parker
      <mdpphoto@y...> wrote:
      > Hello Pressmen,
      >
      > I work at a newfangled print shop with a HP indigo press.
      Indigo "inks"
      > adhere poorly to even its special substrates. We are thinking of
      getting
      > another press for varnishing to add durability.
      > A Miehle vertical would be useful to us for die-cutting our
      small press
      > sheets, but would it also be useful in varnishing our work?
      How hard is it