room light contact film/room light negative film

  • richardmeneely
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2004
      Just signed up for PPLetterpress. For the number of years that I've
      been working with
      photopolymer plates, I've only just now discovered room light contact
      film or room
      light negative film. I made this discovery through this rubber stamp
      maker in NYC's
      East village. He made a negative for me and I was somewhat
      impressed. He simply
      took this black film under ordinary room low light, placed it under a
      vellum sheet with
      flipped hard copy, placed it under UV light, using foam rubber
      pressure, not vacuum
      pump, and left it for just a few minutes. He then washed it out with
      a spray chemical,
      then washed it off with plain water. I then took this film and made
      a photopolymer
      plate with it. There was nothing wrong with the plate, I thought. I
      can see a real
      opportunity here to get away from the dark room and messy chemicals
      So, I went
      about the business of finding where to buy that very same contact
      film. I was
      disappointed to learn that Anderson Vreeland stopped selling it in
      the late nineties
      and Stewart Superior stopped as well. So far, no one knows where I
      can find this film.

      First question. Anyone know where I can find this film? Or, does anyone know
      anything wrong with this film? And what
      about the
      alternatives I've been hearing about? such as the kind the that
      require a "red light"
      and A & B developer and another kind that doesn't require the "red
      light". Any
      information from anyone who knows anything about contact film would
      be most
      welcome.

      Many thanks,

      Richard Meneely usbcards@...
    • arizonaprinter
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2004
        try http://www.photowarehouse.biz/

        From: "richardmeneely" <usbcards@...>
        Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:26:12 -0000
        To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [PPLetterpress] room light contact film/room light negative film

[...]

        • To respond to a post or post a message to the membership:
        PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
        • Encountering problems? contact:
        PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
        • To unsubscribe:

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • cjones
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2004
          >Hello Richard,

          Office supply stores, or at least the larger ones sell an Amber Film
          that is contact printed and then developed in water. It takes a 1
          min. uv exposure on my machine and can be used with a laser printed
          transpanency on vellum. I will send more information on Mon. if you
          like. Cheers, Charles Jones