Re: [PPLetterpress] Future of Photopolymer

  • Fritz Klinke
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2001
      There is much more photopolymer being used for other applications than
      letterpress. The sign industry uses it for making ADA compliant signage, and
      in fact, Castcraft of Chicago, which still casts some type, has a subsidiary
      sign business that makes the bucks for those folks and their primary product
      is polymer signs. Our supplier of plates says the sign business and flexo
      printing far surpass letterpress in plate consumption. They have customers
      who place orders for hundreds of plates a month, but they seem to tolerate
      our plate orders which don't come close to that, and we are making plates
      for our customers on a daily basis. The question that is going begging here
      is what is supposed to replace photopolymer if indeed it is facing some sort
      of demise.

      Fritz Klinke, NA Graphics
      1314 Greene Street, P.O. Box 467
      Silverton, Colorado 81433 USA