Re: Vandercook 232p

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2004
      I probably should add something to this since I know something about
      this thirty-two incher. Actually the press hasn't been "beat up."
      About fifteen years or so ago Vandercook (the old Vandercook) called
      me up and asked me if I knew anyone who would want this press out my
      way. As I recall, it had been a one owner at the time. I told Neil
      about it and he went and picked it up.

      I think this is about a WWII vintage, maybe a bit before. Vandercook
      didn't make this model for all that long, though I have seen a few of
      them around.

      It is a bit grungy and probably has significant surface rust by now
      but if that was surmountable, I suspect it is probably a very
      serviceble press. But yes, as Neil indicates, it is quite a monster,
      and will easily take over your car's spot in the garage. If you are
      intent at working large and making a fortune printing woodtype
      posters, well then this is the size of press you need.

      Gerald