Re: [PPLetterpress] Novice Questions?

  • Kathy Walkup
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2004
      Re a letterpress class: Please see recent listing in book-arts_l about an
      upcoming class at City College.

      Kathleen A. Walkup
      Associate Professor
      Director, Book Arts Program
      Mills College
      5000 MacArthur Blvd.
      Oakland CA 94613

      510 430 2001/tel
      510 430 3314/fax
      kwalk@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2004
        Adrienne

        There are a few places in southern California that offer courses on a
        regular basis to the public.

        Art Center College of Design
        Archetype Press
        http://www.artcenter.edu/atnight

        Otis College of Art and Design
        Otis Lab Press
        http://www.otis.edu/gpage.php?hed=42

        I'm scheduled to teach a course this summer at Art Center on
        letterpress and part of the class is about photopolymer.

        Otis offers an ongoing class on Digital Letterpress that deals
        exclusively with photopolymer.

        Most of the "stuff" you need, quoins, furniture, gauge pins, manuals,
        etc can easily be picked up on eBay for very little expense. There are
        two low cost flatbases, the Patmag and the Boxcar base, that will meet
        your needs for a registration system for photopolymer. It would be
        best to discuss your needs directly with either of these providers.

        In the Links, Database, and Files sections on site here you will find
        further contact information.

        Welcome aboard, and success in your endeavor.

        Gerald

        individually for a fee you can contact me directly at ccoerper@c...)?