Vandercook 232p

  • Neil Uchitel
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2004
      Hi,

      I've got a beat up Vandercook 232p. Anyone interested? You can have it for
      free if you come pick it up. It weighs almost 5 tons, requires 220 power,
      and needs lots of work.

      I can recommend a mover who moves large presses if someone decides to take
      it.

      --
      Neil Uchitel
      2554 Lincoln Blvd. #1086
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2004
        I probably should add something to this since I know something about
        this thirty-two incher. Actually the press hasn't been "beat up."
        About fifteen years or so ago Vandercook (the old Vandercook) called
        me up and asked me if I knew anyone who would want this press out my
        way. As I recall, it had been a one owner at the time. I told Neil
        about it and he went and picked it up.

        I think this is about a WWII vintage, maybe a bit before. Vandercook
        didn't make this model for all that long, though I have seen a few of
        them around.

        It is a bit grungy and probably has significant surface rust by now
        but if that was surmountable, I suspect it is probably a very
        serviceble press. But yes, as Neil indicates, it is quite a monster,
        and will easily take over your car's spot in the garage. If you are
        intent at working large and making a fortune printing woodtype
        posters, well then this is the size of press you need.

        Gerald