doorstops, etc.

  • yvonne tsang
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2004
      Gerald,

      Now I'm dying to know what your other 11 most useful
      tools for the Vandercook are. Would you share?

      Yvonne

      > Walter Hamady once suggested that his greatest
      > contribution to
      > printing was his use of the rubber door stop for
      > securing the cylinder
      > overlay when changing over (right up there in the
      > top dozen most
      > useful tools for the Vandercook in my book).

      Yahoo! Mail - O melhor e-mail do Brasil! Abra sua conta agora:
      http://br.yahoo.com/info/mail.html
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2004
        Yvonne

        Well, just finished printing and I see there are well over a couple of
        dozen different kinds of tools laying around. Some unique, most rather
        mundane. And I'm so spoiled and set in my ways on the press I doubt I
        can tell which one I would prefer over another to do without. When even
        one of them cannot readily be found it takes on an importance that
        suddenly overwhelms all the others waiting so patiently to do their
        intended bidding.

        Not trying to avoid the question. I actually started compiling a list
        for you but it just started growing and I started getting bored with
        what should be in and what should be in.

        This might be a good question for the membership at large. Every printer
        has got something no one else does that they think they can't live
        without. Me, I can no longer work without a can of compressed air at my
        ready and, of course, my handy-dandy 4-point slip of leading. Ha!!!

        Gerald