Re: [PPLetterpress] Plate registratioin tapper

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2004
      Well, maybe I meant boxwood.
      I'm collecting wood type ;-)

      Just got a couple drawers from a Ukrainian printshop in Michigan, with hand cut Cyrillic glyphs.

      ciao

      Peter Fraterdeus http://www.fraterdeus.com

      http://www.semiotx.com Web Strategy Consulting
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2004
        Peter

        Well, yeah, sort of. Acts like a third hand when you really need one.
        Keeps the tympan secure to the cylinder when making adjustments or
        replacing. Helps keep the tympan/bottom sheet packet from getting
        disturbed, easier to manage, etc. Also, quite important, prevents the
        tympan from drooping down and snapping off the friction fingers.

        Don't leave home without one.

        Gerald

        > Is that 'Securing the cylinder overlay when changing the tympan paper?'
        > I can see that would be useful ;-)

      • Jessica Spring
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2004
          Gerald--
          Can you describe how you use the door stopper? I can certainly see the need,
          but don't see how you use it.
          Thanks,
          Jessica