Re: [PPLetterpress] minimizing ink slur

  • Kat Ran Press
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 26, 2004
      I will occasionally place a piece of double sided
      tape on the top sheet where the end of the
      sheet will fall. I then slap it with my palm a few
      times to decrease its stickiness, which, if too
      strong, can remove fibers and make pulling the
      sheet out of the press difficult. After a few
      impressions, the sheet will stay adhered to the
      cylinder, but pop right up as soon as I reach for
      it.

      If possible, I'll run bearers down the whole
      length of the form, and trim them off after.
      This not only keeps the sheet adhered to the
      cylinder, but will also equally distribute the
      weight of the cylinder and rollers over the
      form.

      Michael
      --
      Kat Ran Press