APHA Annual meeting Saturday, 1/24/04 New York Public Library

  • Paul W. Romaine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2004
      Please excuse duplication for this cross-posted message.

      For those of you who will be near New York City, this Saturday is the
      annual business meeting of the American Printing History Association
      (APHA). The meeting will be held as always in the New York Public Library
      (42nd Street at Fifth Avenue), 2d Floor Trustees Room, at 2 PM.

      This year promises to be quite interesting. The winners of APHA's
      Individual award, D.W. Krummel, and Institutional award, the American
      Typecasting Fellowship, will be honored. The winner of the 2004 Fellowship
      competition will also be announced. Professor Krummel is an expert on many
      things, but notable for his extensive research on the history of music
      printing. Rich Hopkins will be accepting for the American Typecasting
      Fellowship. I'm looking forward to their acceptance speeches.

      In addition to APHA business, I understand that there will be
      representatives on-hand from the National Museum of American History,
      Smithsonian Institution, to address concerns about the closure of the Hall
      of Printing and Graphic Arts.

      Finally, if you haven't been to the NYPL to see the exhibition, "Ninety for
      the Nineties," the curator, Virginia Bartow, has offered to give meeting
      attendees tours of the exhibition.

      Although the Saturday event is a business meeting, we welcome other
      interested persons who may not (yet) be APHA members to join us.

      All best,
      Paul

      Paul W. Romaine
      memberships@...