  • Michael Barnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2004
      Dear Friends,

      I have available to me a Tokyo Ohka Co. Ltd. Type W-2, Make no. 6536,
      serial number OPS-2, Date 1978. Looks like a photopolymer plate washup
      unit to me, sturdily built and capable of washing a plate around 18 by
      24 inches.

      It won't cost me anything for the use of it, apart from moving it and
      new brushes.

      Two questions:

      1. Was it really built for photopolymer relief plates?

      2. It still leaves me without an exposure unit but very little space. I
      have a Nuarc plate/proof exposure unit with pulse xenon, large glass
      and decent vacuum. Can this in any fashion be made to burn plates well?
      I believe I have read here that those plate frames are not ideal,
      though I don't remember why. I could certainly add another sort of
      light above or below for my exposure of photopolymer.

      Thanks for the support!

      Michael Barnes
      Vancouver