Hostman/Steinberg Ink

  • Michael McGarvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2001
      PPLetterpress group,

      I have been using the Hostman Steinberg 8 KYX 21583-SS Special matte
      black for
      hand inking on handset type, with dampened paper, on an iron handpress.
      It is
      the best I have tried for this. It gives one a great deal of control
      with
      good coverage in hand inking on dampened paper . The ink was recommended
      to me
      by Steve Heaver , who as I recall from our conversation on this,
      somehow
      collaborated with the company that produced the ink, to create one that
      was
      appropriately stiff and short, and covered well for hand inking. Steve
      knows a
      great deal more about the ink, is no doubt willing to share his
      knowledge, and
      may know about it's suitability for work with photo polymer.

      I 'm not sure if it is appropriate for me to put his e-mail address here

      without asking him first, but he has made postings on the Letpress User
      group
      and I believe you can get his e-mail address from those postings. Or I
      could
      ask him if he would send a posting on this subject here.

      Michael McGarvey
      Foolscap Press