Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Ink

  • thronobulx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
      All- I have used a Midway black that is excllent. I'm not sure if it the
      book ink, as someone gave me an unlabeled yoghurt container full of a very
      dense, very black oil based ink. I was told that the minimum order was 25
      pounds. At any rate, it is a wonderful ink.

      James
    • Mark Attwood
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
        Hi Gerald,

        Haven't used that particular matt black, but I use Hostmann Steinberg's
        light-fast inks for hand lithography and find them to be very good.

        Hope this helps,
        Mark.

        Mark Attwood

        The Artists' Press
        Box 623
        Newtown
        2113
        South Africa

        Tel. +27 11 836 5474
        fax. +27 11 836 6858
        mark@...

        ----------

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 20, 2007
          I've recently switched to Graphic Chemical for my primary oil-based
          ink. That being their Lithographic Senefelder's Crayon Black No. 1803.
          This can be cut, if need be, with their Graphic Litho Roll Up Black
          No. 1921.

          Kramer Ink also has an impressive line up of oil-based inks, including
          letterpress formulated ink and the old printmaking formulas from
          Sinclair-Valentine (the red is to die for).

          http://www.kramerink.com/

          This is all good news. If you prefer rubber- or soy-based inks, and I
          can't image why, well, you are on your own.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007
            At 4:17 AM +0000 21 09 07, Gerald Lange wrote:
            >I've recently switched to Graphic Chemical for my primary oil-based
            >ink. That being their Lithographic Senefelder's Crayon Black No. 1803.
            >This can be cut, if need be, with their Graphic Litho Roll Up Black
            >No. 1921.

            Thanks, good info. When I use up my 12 year old can of Cardinal Colors LP SlowDry Black, I'll have to try these!

            >Kramer Ink also has an impressive line up of oil-based inks, including
            >letterpress formulated ink and the old printmaking formulas from
            >Sinclair-Valentine (the red is to die for).

            Mmm. The ink may be fabulous but their web site is terrible...
            Built in MS Word... I couldn'ut find anything like a product catalog on the site.
            No email contact! Guess I'll have to rign them up ;-)
            Sheesh...

            Gerald which Red are you recommending?
            I'm looking for some primaries as well as mixing (rubine) colors

            Thx for the tips

            Dubuque, Iowa http://www.fraterdeus.com
            http://flickr.com/photos/pfraterdeus
            http://youtube.com/user/pfraterdeus