Re: Ink

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
      Hello all

      Never did get a reply on this. Is anyone using the Hostmann-Steinberg
      Special Matte Black 8 KYX 21583-SS?

      I was also recently told about Midway Ink Corp's Letterpress Book
      Black #B-17421. Anyone using this?

      Gerald

    • thronobulx@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
        All- I have used a Midway black that is excllent. I'm not sure if it the
        book ink, as someone gave me an unlabeled yoghurt container full of a very
        dense, very black oil based ink. I was told that the minimum order was 25
        pounds. At any rate, it is a wonderful ink.

        James
      • Mark Attwood
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
          Hi Gerald,

          Haven't used that particular matt black, but I use Hostmann Steinberg's
          light-fast inks for hand lithography and find them to be very good.

          Hope this helps,
          Mark.

          Mark Attwood

          The Artists' Press
          Box 623
          Newtown
          2113
          South Africa

          Tel. +27 11 836 5474
          fax. +27 11 836 6858
          mark@...

          ----------

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 20, 2007
            I've recently switched to Graphic Chemical for my primary oil-based
            ink. That being their Lithographic Senefelder's Crayon Black No. 1803.
            This can be cut, if need be, with their Graphic Litho Roll Up Black
            No. 1921.

            Kramer Ink also has an impressive line up of oil-based inks, including
            letterpress formulated ink and the old printmaking formulas from
            Sinclair-Valentine (the red is to die for).

            http://www.kramerink.com/

            This is all good news. If you prefer rubber- or soy-based inks, and I
            can't image why, well, you are on your own.

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007
              At 4:17 AM +0000 21 09 07, Gerald Lange wrote:
              >I've recently switched to Graphic Chemical for my primary oil-based
              >ink. That being their Lithographic Senefelder's Crayon Black No. 1803.
              >This can be cut, if need be, with their Graphic Litho Roll Up Black
              >No. 1921.

              Thanks, good info. When I use up my 12 year old can of Cardinal Colors LP SlowDry Black, I'll have to try these!

              >Kramer Ink also has an impressive line up of oil-based inks, including
              >letterpress formulated ink and the old printmaking formulas from
              >Sinclair-Valentine (the red is to die for).

              Mmm. The ink may be fabulous but their web site is terrible...
              Built in MS Word... I couldn'ut find anything like a product catalog on the site.
              No email contact! Guess I'll have to rign them up ;-)
              Sheesh...

              Gerald which Red are you recommending?
              I'm looking for some primaries as well as mixing (rubine) colors

              Thx for the tips

              Dubuque, Iowa http://www.fraterdeus.com
              http://flickr.com/photos/pfraterdeus
              http://youtube.com/user/pfraterdeus