which plate material to use

  • Chris Kluga
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      I am getting ready to send out a first set of plates to be processed and am not
      sure of which material to have the plates done on. Will be mounted to a
      boxcar base, and the choices were a JET 94FL (62 hardness) or a JET 94HFL
      (80 hardness). Any recommendations would be great.
    • E Roustom
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        The harder the better... more versatile. but it's a question of budget, and
        what you're printing on. If you're going for real kiss impression on smooth
        or coated, pick the softer material. For better bite into the sheet, and to
        get a closer to metal feel, pick the harder plates.