Re: [PPLetterpress] RE: kreene/stouffer scale

  • Printer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2003
      Brian,
      I'm not enough of an expert on this to know precisely what your model
      Stouffer scale looks like or what its parameters are. Mine is simply
      called a "21-step Stouffer Scale" and is just a little strip of film,
      1/2" by maybe 4", with the gradation of dots in 21 numbered steps. The
      plate material I use calls for a "solid Step 16", which means, I expose
      the scrap of plate material under the strip of film just long enough
      that the box marked 16 doesn't wash away in the washout. The box marked
      17 (the next finer set of dots) does break up and partially wash away.
      I hope that makes sense.

      Joel Benson
      Dependable Letterpress
      San Francisco