Baltimore No.14

  • fuzzy44@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2001
      Hi,
      I have a small cast iron hand press (6 x 9). It has "Baltimore No.14"
      cast into the operating arm, but I can't find any other markings on it.
      Does anyone know anything about this press - such as manufacturer or a
      resource for parts.
      It is missing the form(?), but has all other parts.
      I have never used the above mentioned press.
      I am hoping that it will be a good printer.

      Also, I have to get reacquainted with letterpress - it's been about 8
      years. Is there a website for the basics.

      Any info is GREATLY appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Christine
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2001
        Dear Christine

        Follow the yellow brick road (click on the following URL):

        http://www.briarpress.org

        They have a section called Getting+started. Follow the Directories lead. Its near the bottom of the page.
        Everything you need is there. Or is a way to get to it.

        All best

        Ger