Re: Posjet, bubblejets and photopolymers?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2001
      Dear Wayne

      I don't think anything is infeasible. There are essentially two
      considerations.

      Type. Images.

      Type is rather restrictive in what you can do. The attempt is to
      render it exactly.

      Images. The sky's the limit.

      There is some amazing work being done with photopolymer in a variety
      of different printmaking appliciations.

      I've recently read some how-to articles by Strange Ross on Polymer
      Photogravure and Multitones, also on Digital Positives; Keith Howard
      on Intaglio-Type; George F Roberts on Polyester Plate Lithography. The
      movement has been toward non-toxic materials and photopolymer fits the
      bill. I think a lot of the various polyester lithographic plates are
      being run through the laser (even through the copy machine), why not
      the inkjet; Pronto, Omega E-Z, etc. The DuPont ImagOn plate sounds
      interesting, which is exposed through a protective Mylar film, that is
      subsequently removed for printing (lithography)

      A Google.com search on these folks and others will fill your basket
      with plenty and give you much to ponder. I'm sorting through it
      looking for the wee bit that I can transfer over.

      Nothing at this point will replace the "normative principles" that
      type rendering requires, but who knows what's out there?

      Let us know what you discover!

      Ger