Re: [PPLetterpress] laser printer negatives

  • Libbie Hitt
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2001
      Hi!

      At Otis we use an HP 8000 to print our negs on "laser film" from Kelly Paper
      (used for screenprinting usually). There are 2 thicknesses, and the thinnest
      (.003) works the best with the least warping (important only if you are doing
      tight registration). To make them opaque, we spray them with "laser-buddy"
      (http://laserbuddy.com/), use a blowdryer for fast drying, and with some
      practice, they work great. (Not as good as service beaureau, but so much
      cheaper!!)

      Libbie Hitt