Re: [PPLetterpress] Building up roller tracks

    Message 1 of 61 , Oct 10 10:42 AM
      Carole

      One thing about the adjustable rubber trucks that Zida mentioned is that you MUST take the pressure off them every night, or the next day you'll have a flat spot!

      I use an old piece of 6 or 8 pica furniture to wedge behind the roller tension spring, which pushes the roller trucks from the track by an eighth or a quarter inch or so... That's on the 10x15 oldstyle Gordon C&P

      However, your symptoms sound more like a problem with sags or depressions in the rollers themselves.

      Might be time for a new set!

      Ciao

      Peter Fraterdeus http://www.midsummernightstamps.com
      http://www.fraterdeus.com |* + * + * + Rubber Stamp Fine Art!

      http://www.semiotx.com Web Strategy Consulting < * > Mac OS X
    • E Roustom
      Message 61 of 61 , Oct 29 6:53 AM
        > hmmm...
        > may be i'll dunk a piece of polymer into vinegar to see if it does anything...
        > (will
        > report back).

        Stop! the vinegar will eat the polymer right up. That's what one is to use
        when cleaning platemaking equipment. It just melts the stuff.

        e.