VAN: Years, Sterne, models, serial numbers

  • Mark Wilden
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2003
      The new edition of the Vandercook Proof Presses website includes a wealth of
      information provided by Hal Sterne, former co-owner of the company. In
      addition to spreadsheets containing serial number and model number
      information, a Vandercook history has been contributed to the site by Hal.
      We are much indebted!

      I believe the site now accounts for 99% of the Vandercook models. The serial
      number and date of manufacture of the first and last of each of these models
      is provided, and they're properly arranged in chronological order.

      There's still a ton of work to do, but I figure it's better to get something
      out now than everything out later (or maybe never). The next edition of the
      site will include lots more images and information for the individual
      models, provided by some very helpful folks who have sent me scans, xeroxes
      and even original material.

      http://mwilden.com/vandercook/