Re: [PPLetterpress] laser printer negatives

  • thronobulx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2001
      Hello, Brian: Resistance is futile. Have your negs made by a service bureau.
      The time you spend messing around trying to get a real neg from alternative
      methods would be better spent putting ink on paper. Film well done is money
      well spent.

      A minor aside: There are shift keys at your disposal just below each of your
      little fingers. The upper case was invented for a good reason.

      Supportively yours,

      James Shanley
    • D. McNaughton
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 13, 2001
        I have used a similar product for offset platemaking using Agfa Laserlink
        film in my laser printer. It works very well for this but I doubt very much
        if it would blacken up the neg enough for the longer exposures required for
        poylmer.

        David
        Toora Australia

        >y Laser Buddy (used in serigraphy). Makes the toner
        > darker. Actually works, but because its a spray on I wonder if you can
        > get even coverage. Have a can here and it really does pop up the toner
        > but seemingly at the expense of the translucent areas.
        > Gerald

      • Libbie Hitt
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 14, 2001
          Hi!

          At Otis we use an HP 8000 to print our negs on "laser film" from Kelly Paper
          (used for screenprinting usually). There are 2 thicknesses, and the thinnest
          (.003) works the best with the least warping (important only if you are doing
          tight registration). To make them opaque, we spray them with "laser-buddy"
          (http://laserbuddy.com/), use a blowdryer for fast drying, and with some
          practice, they work great. (Not as good as service beaureau, but so much
          cheaper!!)

          Libbie Hitt