Ink on the Elbow - a new book from Esslemont and Schanilec

  • David Esslemont
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      Dear member
      I am pleased to bring you news of Ink on the Elbow - Conversations between
      David Esslemont and Gaylord Schanilec, mostly about making books. One
      hundred and fifty-five pages, illustrated with colour linocuts, engravings,
      tipped in images and sample pages from our books.
      Specifically for this group there are many references to my early attempts to
      make polymer plates : how I first used one of my kid's teddy bears to wash out
      plates; up to the acquiring of a platemaking machine; and much discussion of
      the wole photopolymer issue.
      This will be a co-publication with Midnight Paper Sales, half the edition of
      two hundred will be bound by each artist - giving you the collector the
      difficult choice of which binding to choose.
      I invite you to visit my website www.solmentes.com where you find full
      details of INK ON THE ELBOW. Follow the links to read about the contents
      and edition
      details, view all the illustrations together with pictures of the bindings
      including the Esslemont special binding.
      The book will be published first in America at the Oak Knoll Book Fest in
      Delaware on Friday 3 October -(I look forward to meeting you), then in the UK
      at
      the Oxford Fine Press Book Fair in Oxford on 1 November.
      I hope you like what you find.
      Best wishes,
      David
      David Esslemont
      New House, Cefn Mawr, Newtown, Powys SY16 3LB, Wales, UK
      Telephone & Fax 01686 610755
      esslemont@...
      www.solmentes.com
    • typetom@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
        In a message dated 10/1/2003, esslemont@... writes:
        << www.solmentes.com where you find full details of INK ON THE ELBOW >>

        The multi-print lino cuts are exquisite! Thanks for posting them on the web.
        Best wishes, Tom

        Tom Parson
        Now It's Up To You Publications
        157 S. Logan, Denver CO 80209