Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: yep, you guessed it: Moving a C&P

  • E Roustom
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
      > I couldn't tell is the press was an 8x12 or a 10x15. The difference
      > in weight is substantial. An 8x12 weighs in the 1200Lb range, a
      > 10x15 is about 1800 Lbs, maybe more.
      Right On! As with everything else said in this email... an 8x12 is fairly
      easy. 10x15 is quite a challenge.

      > If it's possible to get the press onto a skid, you're golden...
      This is easy... you can use a pump jack (you can buy one for little money at
      any hardware store). Raise the press in small increments, onto pieces of
      wood fruniture, one leg at a time - untill press high enough to have 2x4's
      slipped under (replacing the furniture) and screwed into place (like skis).
      Then these can be lifted with the press in same manner to wheel pallet jack
      under, or to roll on pipes.

      Good luck,

      Elias
    • Ed Inman
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
        I think these weights may be a little bit on the high side. The last model
        N C&P's weighed 1050 lbs. for an 8 x 12 and 1500 lbs. for a 10 x 15
        according to factory specs. printed in the 1971-72 American Printing Equip.
        catalog. I don't think the older style C&P's would have necessarily been
        any heavier.
        Ed