Re: [PPLetterpress] Plate wash (was Boxcar Bases)

  • E Roustom
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 24, 2003
      VM&P naptha is the great all purpose press room solvent, but it does not
      flash as fast as plate (type) wash, so it can't be the same. Naptha is more
      like roller or press wash in how it works, but seems to smell stronger. I'm
      not sure you get a better deal on Naptha than on Press Wash 430 (POSCO).

      Elias

      > From: M a n i f e s t o P r e s s <bryan@...>
      > Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:18:42 -0400
      > To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] Plate wash (was Boxcar Bases)
      >
      > A solvent question....
      >
      > I have been using VM&P Naptha for three years now. When sold as ³plate wash²
      > it costs $21 a gallon...when purchased from the hardware store as ³fast
      > Drying Solvent², it costs 8.99 a gallon. As far as I can tell they are
      > identical...
      >
      > Are they the same ?
      >

      > Cheers,
      > Bryan
      >

      > €‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹€
      > bryan hutcheson
      > manifesto letterpress
      > 116 pleasant st. #2245
      > easthampton, ma 01027
      >
      > p/f: 413.529.0009
      > http://www.manifestopress.com
      > €‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹€

      > PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      > • Encountering problems? contact:
      > PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
      > • To unsubscribe:

    • David P. Wall
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 24, 2003
        Posco (not to be confused with the steel company of the same name) does
        have a website. You'll find them at

        www.poscoinc.com

        Dave

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 24, 2003
          Thanks for the link.

          Couldn't find the Rubber and Plastic Plate Wash on the site though.
          The products aren't coded. Is there another name that it is listed under?

          I've been using Anchor's Aled Plate Wash, which I like a lot, but the
          local distributor usually has to special order it. Was looking for a
          good alternative that might be readily available.

          Gerald