Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: The Vandercook #219 & more!

  • Jim Camp
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
      Hello Gerald!

      Thanks for the reply. I think all is all right...I'm
      just anxious to get on it. I purchased your first
      book, and in fact I just sent you a check for the
      second edition. I'm looking forward to it.

      I spoke with the inventor of the Hansa. He's taking
      care of me! Where should I go to purchase plates? And
      how should I store them?

      Reply when it's convienient.

      Jim Camp

      --- Gerald Lange <bieler@...> wrote:
      > Dear Jim
      >
      > The 219 is really just a larger version of the
      > number 4. If you could
      > make that work you probably won't have any trouble
      > with the 219.
      >
      > Might be worth your while to peruse the Messages
      > archives. Don't have
      > any info on the Hansa.
      >
      > Hopefully someone else does.
      >
      > All best
      >
      > Gerald
      >

      > --- In PPLetterpress@y..., jimcamp3@y... wrote:
      > > Anyone have any experience on this machine? I've
      > worked on a SP-15
      > > and a 4. I now own a #219. What should I expect?
      > >
      > > Also, just purchased a Hansa 2000 for my foray
      > into polymer
      > > plates...other than Pat Reigh's class at SF Center
      > for the book, I've
      > > had no experience. I do have the plate, and the
      > machine, and a bit of
      > > knowledge -- any more this group can provide is
      > invaluable...oh yea,
      > > I also have the first edition of Mr. Lange's book
      > and just sent a
      > > check or the update.
      > >
      > > Thanks, and I look forward to learning a lot.
      > >
      > > Jim Camp
      > > synaesthesia press

      Find a job, post your resume.
      http://careers.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2001
        Dear Jim

        You can purchase plates online from JetUSA.com

        In the Bookmarks section of the site are various links to various
        plate distributors. I buy from Anderson&Vreeland.

        There is also a Database started that provides information about
        various plate processors and what they use.
        All best

        Gerald