Re: The Vandercook #219 & more!

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
      Dear Jim

      The 219 is really just a larger version of the number 4. If you could
      make that work you probably won't have any trouble with the 219.

      Might be worth your while to peruse the Messages archives. Don't have
      any info on the Hansa.

      Hopefully someone else does.

      All best

      Gerald

      --- In PPLetterpress@y..., jimcamp3@y... wrote:
      > Anyone have any experience on this machine? I've worked on a SP-15
      > and a 4. I now own a #219. What should I expect?
      >
      > Also, just purchased a Hansa 2000 for my foray into polymer
      > plates...other than Pat Reigh's class at SF Center for the book, I've
      > had no experience. I do have the plate, and the machine, and a bit of
      > knowledge -- any more this group can provide is invaluable...oh yea,
      > I also have the first edition of Mr. Lange's book and just sent a
      > check or the update.
      >
      > Thanks, and I look forward to learning a lot.
      >
      > Jim Camp
      > synaesthesia press
    • Jim Camp
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
        Hello Gerald!

        Thanks for the reply. I think all is all right...I'm
        just anxious to get on it. I purchased your first
        book, and in fact I just sent you a check for the
        second edition. I'm looking forward to it.

        I spoke with the inventor of the Hansa. He's taking
        care of me! Where should I go to purchase plates? And
        how should I store them?

        Reply when it's convienient.

        Jim Camp

        --- Gerald Lange <bieler@...> wrote:
        > Dear Jim
        >
        > The 219 is really just a larger version of the
        > number 4. If you could
        > make that work you probably won't have any trouble
        > with the 219.
        >
        > Might be worth your while to peruse the Messages
        > archives. Don't have
        > any info on the Hansa.
        >
        > Hopefully someone else does.
        >
        > All best
        >
        > Gerald
        >

        > --- In PPLetterpress@y..., jimcamp3@y... wrote:
        > > Anyone have any experience on this machine? I've
        > worked on a SP-15
        > > and a 4. I now own a #219. What should I expect?
        > >
        > > Also, just purchased a Hansa 2000 for my foray
        > into polymer
        > > plates...other than Pat Reigh's class at SF Center
        > for the book, I've
        > > had no experience. I do have the plate, and the
        > machine, and a bit of
        > > knowledge -- any more this group can provide is
        > invaluable...oh yea,
        > > I also have the first edition of Mr. Lange's book
        > and just sent a
        > > check or the update.
        > >
        > > Thanks, and I look forward to learning a lot.
        > >
        > > Jim Camp
        > > synaesthesia press

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8, 2001
          Dear Jim

          You can purchase plates online from JetUSA.com

          In the Bookmarks section of the site are various links to various
          plate distributors. I buy from Anderson&Vreeland.

          There is also a Database started that provides information about
          various plate processors and what they use.
          All best

          Gerald