The Vandercook #219 & more!

  • jimcamp3@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
      Anyone have any experience on this machine? I've worked on a SP-15
      and a 4. I now own a #219. What should I expect?

      Also, just purchased a Hansa 2000 for my foray into polymer
      plates...other than Pat Reigh's class at SF Center for the book, I've
      had no experience. I do have the plate, and the machine, and a bit of
      knowledge -- any more this group can provide is invaluable...oh yea,
      I also have the first edition of Mr. Lange's book and just sent a
      check or the update.

      Thanks, and I look forward to learning a lot.

      Jim Camp
      synaesthesia press
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
        Dear Jim

        The 219 is really just a larger version of the number 4. If you could
        make that work you probably won't have any trouble with the 219.

        Might be worth your while to peruse the Messages archives. Don't have
        any info on the Hansa.

        Hopefully someone else does.

        All best

        Gerald

        --- In PPLetterpress@y..., jimcamp3@y... wrote:
        > Anyone have any experience on this machine? I've worked on a SP-15
        > and a 4. I now own a #219. What should I expect?
        >
        > Also, just purchased a Hansa 2000 for my foray into polymer
        > plates...other than Pat Reigh's class at SF Center for the book, I've
        > had no experience. I do have the plate, and the machine, and a bit of
        > knowledge -- any more this group can provide is invaluable...oh yea,
        > I also have the first edition of Mr. Lange's book and just sent a
        > check or the update.
        >
        > Thanks, and I look forward to learning a lot.
        >
        > Jim Camp
        > synaesthesia press
      • Jim Camp
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
          Hello Gerald!

          Thanks for the reply. I think all is all right...I'm
          just anxious to get on it. I purchased your first
          book, and in fact I just sent you a check for the
          second edition. I'm looking forward to it.

          I spoke with the inventor of the Hansa. He's taking
          care of me! Where should I go to purchase plates? And
          how should I store them?

          Reply when it's convienient.

          Jim Camp

          --- Gerald Lange <bieler@...> wrote:
          > Dear Jim
          >
          > The 219 is really just a larger version of the
          > number 4. If you could
          > make that work you probably won't have any trouble
          > with the 219.
          >
          > Might be worth your while to peruse the Messages
          > archives. Don't have
          > any info on the Hansa.
          >
          > Hopefully someone else does.
          >
          > All best
          >
          > Gerald
          >

          > --- In PPLetterpress@y..., jimcamp3@y... wrote:
          > > Anyone have any experience on this machine? I've
          > worked on a SP-15
          > > and a 4. I now own a #219. What should I expect?
          > >
          > > Also, just purchased a Hansa 2000 for my foray
          > into polymer
          > > plates...other than Pat Reigh's class at SF Center
          > for the book, I've
          > > had no experience. I do have the plate, and the
          > machine, and a bit of
          > > knowledge -- any more this group can provide is
          > invaluable...oh yea,
          > > I also have the first edition of Mr. Lange's book
          > and just sent a
          > > check or the update.
          > >
          > > Thanks, and I look forward to learning a lot.
          > >
          > > Jim Camp
          > > synaesthesia press

          Find a job, post your resume.
          http://careers.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 8, 2001
            Dear Jim

            You can purchase plates online from JetUSA.com

            In the Bookmarks section of the site are various links to various
            plate distributors. I buy from Anderson&Vreeland.

            There is also a Database started that provides information about
            various plate processors and what they use.
            All best

            Gerald