great sounding class

  • henrietta
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2003
      Please excuse the multiple posting but I really want this class to
      run. The Center for Book Arts in New York City is running a
      week-long introductory Letterpress class with Paul Moxon called
      "Letterpress I Intensive" from Monday Sept 29 thru Friday Oct 3, 10am
      - 4 pm daily. The class needs a minimum of three people to run and
      right now there are only two people signed up - one of them is me -
      yikes! Is there anybody out there who is interested?

      The catalogue description reads "In this course you will learn the
      basics of hand typesetting and letterpress printing. We will cover
      the essentials of good presswork, including imposition and
      impression, and move on to discuss typefaces, paper, incorporating
      illustrations and adding color. You will develop your own small
      composition, such as greeting, business or postcards and, time
      allowing, complete a second project. Bring words and ideas to class
      and be ready to roll up your sleeves."

      Now doesn't that just float your boat? This is the only way I will
      ever get near and get my hands on a real press. For more info or to
      sign up, their website is www.centerforbookarts.org and their phone
      number is 212-481-0295
      --
      Henrietta in Blue Hill, Maine
    • E Roustom
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2003
        Dear desperate in Blue Hill,

        Don't be so hard on yourself. Letterpress opportunities abound. The Printed
        Page in Pawtucket, RI is much closer to you - and better yet, I teach there.

        http://www.printedpage.net/

        We don't have the facilities that NYCBA has, but we've got the talent.

        Elias