Re: French web site on letterpress and printing

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2003
      Yes

      But you have to be able to read French to make efficent use of the
      site, n'est pas?

      Let's correct that subject header to Swiss web site on letterpress and
      printing [in French (some English)]. Will that do?

      An interesting site nevertheless.

      Gerald

      > Is this not a Swiss site? French is the language generally spoken in
      Geneva,
      > Switzerland.
      >
      > Fritz

    • John Cornelisse
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2003
        At 08:20 15-09-2003 +0000, you wrote:
        >Yes
        >
        >But you have to be able to read French to make efficent use of the
        >site, n'est pas?

        It's the site of Andreas Schweitzer, and no news for many monotype lovers.

        He is very capable corresponding in English.

        best wishes,

        > > Some very useful information here. Especially on Monotype. Some
        > > interesting links to museums. Even has a link to PDF's of _The Printer_.
        > >
        > > http://www.letterpress.ch/content.html
        > >
        > > Worth taking a look at.
        > >
        > > Gerald

        John Cornelisse

        Enkidu-Press, letterpress & type-founding, Apa 754
        Vaartstraat 23, 4553 AN Philippine, zeeuws vlaanderen
        The Netherlands, +31 (0) 115 491184
        email: enkidu@...

        'You are so handsome, Enkidu, you are just like a god !
        Why with the beast do you wander in the wild ?
        Come I will take you to Uruk-the-Sheepfold,
        to the sacred temple, home of Anu and Isthar,

        Where Gilgamesh is perfect in strength,
        like a wild bull lording it over the menfolk.
        So she spoke to him and her word found favour,
        he knew by instinct, he should seek a friend.