Re: [PPLetterpress] French web site on letterpress and printing

  • Fritz Klinke
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2003
      Is this not a Swiss site? French is the language generally spoken in Geneva,
      Switzerland.

      Fritz

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2003
        Yes

        But you have to be able to read French to make efficent use of the
        site, n'est pas?

        Let's correct that subject header to Swiss web site on letterpress and
        printing [in French (some English)]. Will that do?

        An interesting site nevertheless.

        Gerald

        > Is this not a Swiss site? French is the language generally spoken in
        Geneva,
        > Switzerland.
        >
        > Fritz

      • John Cornelisse
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2003
          At 08:20 15-09-2003 +0000, you wrote:
          >Yes
          >
          >But you have to be able to read French to make efficent use of the
          >site, n'est pas?

          It's the site of Andreas Schweitzer, and no news for many monotype lovers.

          He is very capable corresponding in English.

          best wishes,

          > > Some very useful information here. Especially on Monotype. Some
          > > interesting links to museums. Even has a link to PDF's of _The Printer_.
          > >
          > > http://www.letterpress.ch/content.html
          > >
          > > Worth taking a look at.
          > >
          > > Gerald

          John Cornelisse

          Enkidu-Press, letterpress & type-founding, Apa 754
          Vaartstraat 23, 4553 AN Philippine, zeeuws vlaanderen
          The Netherlands, +31 (0) 115 491184
          email: enkidu@...

          'You are so handsome, Enkidu, you are just like a god !
          Why with the beast do you wander in the wild ?
          Come I will take you to Uruk-the-Sheepfold,
          to the sacred temple, home of Anu and Isthar,

          Where Gilgamesh is perfect in strength,
          like a wild bull lording it over the menfolk.
          So she spoke to him and her word found favour,
          he knew by instinct, he should seek a friend.