French web site on letterpress and printing

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2003
      Some very useful information here. Especially on Monotype. Some
      interesting links to museums. Even has a link to PDF's of _The Printer_.

      http://www.letterpress.ch/content.html

      Worth taking a look at.

      Gerald
    • Fritz Klinke
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2003
        Is this not a Swiss site? French is the language generally spoken in Geneva,
        Switzerland.

        Fritz

        Some very useful information here. Especially on Monotype. Some
        interesting links to museums. Even has a link to PDF's of _The Printer_.

        http://www.letterpress.ch/content.html

        Worth taking a look at.

        PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
        . Encountering problems? contact:
        PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
        . To unsubscribe:

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2003
          Yes

          But you have to be able to read French to make efficent use of the
          site, n'est pas?

          Let's correct that subject header to Swiss web site on letterpress and
          printing [in French (some English)]. Will that do?

          An interesting site nevertheless.

          Gerald

          > Is this not a Swiss site? French is the language generally spoken in
          Geneva,
          > Switzerland.
          >
          > Fritz

        • John Cornelisse
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 15, 2003
            At 08:20 15-09-2003 +0000, you wrote:
            >Yes
            >
            >But you have to be able to read French to make efficent use of the
            >site, n'est pas?

            It's the site of Andreas Schweitzer, and no news for many monotype lovers.

            He is very capable corresponding in English.

            best wishes,

            > > Some very useful information here. Especially on Monotype. Some
            > > interesting links to museums. Even has a link to PDF's of _The Printer_.
            > >
            > > http://www.letterpress.ch/content.html
            > >
            > > Worth taking a look at.
            > >
            > > Gerald

            John Cornelisse

            Enkidu-Press, letterpress & type-founding, Apa 754
            Vaartstraat 23, 4553 AN Philippine, zeeuws vlaanderen
            The Netherlands, +31 (0) 115 491184
            email: enkidu@...

            'You are so handsome, Enkidu, you are just like a god !
            Why with the beast do you wander in the wild ?
            Come I will take you to Uruk-the-Sheepfold,
            to the sacred temple, home of Anu and Isthar,

            Where Gilgamesh is perfect in strength,
            like a wild bull lording it over the menfolk.
            So she spoke to him and her word found favour,
            he knew by instinct, he should seek a friend.