Re: [PPLetterpress] War and Type

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2003
      Michael

      This surely makes appropriate a citing of Richard de Bury's (1287-1345) _Philobiblon_

      http://www.fraterdeus.com/articles/philobiblon.html

      "...In sooth we cannot mourn with the grief that they deserve all the various books that have perished by the fate of war in various parts of the world...."

      Thanks for the story. Good to keep these things in mind...

      Peter

      PS, I'm sorry to say I won't be in Vancouver this fall for the upcoming ATypI conference, but I'm sure it will be highly engaging and filled with interesting typofanatics ;-) (www.atypi.org)

      Peter Fraterdeus http://www.midsummernightstamps.com
      http://www.fraterdeus.com |* + * + * + Rubber Stamp Fine Art!