Digital Type and Letterpress class in San Francisco California

  • allenprinter
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2003
      For those of you in the San Francisco Bay area, I will again be
      teaching a class, in September, titled "Digital Type and Typography
      for Letterpress". I discuss font formats and production, typographic
      controls in Quark and InDesign, and look at fonts better suited for
      letterpress (and compare text printed from hot metal type with their
      digital versions printed from photopolymer plates). The San Francisco
      Center for the Book web site has the details-
      http://www.sfcb.org/php/classes.php3?id=t3-091003-prt

      I can also send an information sheet in pdf form.

      This is an intermediate level class, and while students should
      have both page layout software and letterpress experience, I'm
      particularly interested in reaching graphic designers to teach them
      to better design for letterpress. I'd appreciate your passing this
      note on to anyone you know who might be interested.

      Thanks a lot.
      Brian