registration

  • ausart1938
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2003
      In the good old days of letterpress (I served my apprenticeship as a
      compositor in the 1950's) we used to put a collection of short leads
      on each corner of the colour blocks, this alowed the printer to get
      the fine registration. I worked most of the time as a stone hand doing
      impositions for small and large machines. One place that I worked at
      had a register scope and you put a sheet off the machine in it and it
      showed on the stone so you could get the following colours into fairly
      close register.
      We have been given a set of four colour blocks and when we get the
      vertical Miehle going we will have a go at printing them. Have to get
      to Sydney soon as we are being given some nyloprint plate material and
      will have a go at making some of our own blocks. Arthur in Australia.