Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Vinyl backed plates

  • Chip Schilling
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 12, 2003
      It is good to know about the "Green Mat"!

      As far as checking plates after washout, (hand washout) do you lift out of
      the wash tray the acrylic sheet (with the green mat) that has the vinyl
      plate attached to it, for viewing? If so, this would seem make it easier to
      check the plate, because like the steel backed plates you would have the
      advantage of the light reflecting back at you and not through the plate,
      which makes it more difficult to check, for me anyway.

      While we are on this, I was once told (1998?) by a Jet plate rep that they
      sell a special sponge for soaking the water off of plates after washout. I
      seem to remember that this sponge was expensive and so I never bought it.
      Has anyone ever used this special sponge or anything like it on their plates
      to aid in drying their plates? I use paper towels to soak up water on
      non-type & image areas of my plates to speed up the drying process.

      Although this sponge could be handy for getting water out of bowls and
      counters, I have very few problems drying my plates with a hair dryer,
      followed up with a heater/fan for 15 - 20 minutes.

    • Dave Allen
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 12, 2003
        Hi Everyone,
        Sorry for cross posting this request but I need to ferrat this out whereever it may be.
        Does anyone have a manual for a Challenge Single head paper drill Style E?
        I have contacted Challenge and if they have any in their archives they are not admitting to them. I got thestandard response that it doesn't meet ansi standards etc. etc. - you know the drill..... (unconscious pun there!)
        If someone has one I would appreciate a scan or a photocopy for which I would be able to cover costs.
        Thanks
        Dave

        David Allen
        840 Snowdrop Avenue