RE: [PPLetterpress] Re: Vinyl backed plates

  • Mats Broberg
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 7, 2003
      > Mats
      >
      > And the disadvantages...? :-)
      >
      > Gerald

      Actually, I haven't found any so far.

      I have always used steel-backed plates, but decided to give
      plastic-backed plates a try after having gotten the tip from Debbie and
      Harold at the Boxcar Press a year or two ago. I feared that I would
      experience registration problems between colors on large plates, but so
      far everything has been fine.

      Do I hear a proponent for steel-backed plates...? :-)

      All the best,
      Mats Broberg

      Stockholm - Sweden
    • Dave Allen
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 12, 2003
        Hi Everyone,
        Sorry for cross posting this request but I need to ferrat this out whereever it may be.
        Does anyone have a manual for a Challenge Single head paper drill Style E?
        I have contacted Challenge and if they have any in their archives they are not admitting to them. I got thestandard response that it doesn't meet ansi standards etc. etc. - you know the drill..... (unconscious pun there!)
        If someone has one I would appreciate a scan or a photocopy for which I would be able to cover costs.
        Thanks
        Dave

        David Allen
        840 Snowdrop Avenue