Re: Vinyl backed plates

    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 6, 2003
      Mats

      And the disadvantages...? :-)

      Gerald

      > Elias,
      >
      > Some things that spring to mind:
      >
      > - Easier to cut
      > - Easier to position if you are using a base with a grid - e.g. the
      > Boxcar base - since the backing is somewhat transparent
      > - Rumour has it, plastic-backed plates mounted with film adhesive are
      > less likely to move during the printing cycle, compared to when using
      > Cerface bases (although I have not had problems with plate creep on
      > magnetic bases)
      > - Cheaper (although not on this side of the puddle)
      >
      > There are probably more advantages, but these are the things that spring
      > to mind right now.
      >
      > All the best,
      > Mats Broberg
      >
      > Stockholm - Sweden

    • Dave Allen
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 12, 2003
        Hi Everyone,
        Sorry for cross posting this request but I need to ferrat this out whereever it may be.
        Does anyone have a manual for a Challenge Single head paper drill Style E?
        I have contacted Challenge and if they have any in their archives they are not admitting to them. I got thestandard response that it doesn't meet ansi standards etc. etc. - you know the drill..... (unconscious pun there!)
        If someone has one I would appreciate a scan or a photocopy for which I would be able to cover costs.
        Thanks
        Dave

        David Allen
        840 Snowdrop Avenue