Re: [PPLetterpress] Problems with InDesign 2.

  • Charles Jones
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 6, 2003
      On 8/5/03 4:12 PM, "E Roustom" <ERoustom@...> wrote:

      > Bryan is right.
      > You may want to go one extra step: get the driver for your service bureau's
      > rip, and print a "press ready PDF" using that driver. The file you create
      > should then be no different than what your bureau will make (except that's
      > it's a PDF and not film). I've had absolutely no trouble sending PDFs for
      > film output, and when I take care of all the seps myself, I also know what
      > to expect.
      >
      > Good luck,
      >
      > Elias
      >
      >> From: Charles Jones <cjones@...>
      >> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:30:27 -0500
      >> To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      >> Subject: [PPLetterpress] Problems with InDesign 2.
      >>
      >> My regular service bureau usually prints files to a PressMate Negative
      >> output. They upgraged to InDesign 2.0 from 1.5 and things were fine for a
      >> while. I have a 100 page document prepared for them and all of a sudden
      >> they can't print from InDesign. Pagemaker will work, but, although InDesign
      >> will open Pagemaker files, PM won't open ID files. I need help.
      >> The problem is the document is a play and the type is styled. When I copy a
      >> page into PM the styling doesn't always stay the same. I can do it all
      >> again but really don't want to.
      >> Any suggestions?
      >> Is there some someone who has worked around a similar problem?
      >> Regards, Charlie J.
      >>

      >> ? To respond to a post or post a message to the membership:
      >> PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      >> ? Encountering problems? contact:
      >> PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
      >> ? To unsubscribe:

      Thanks to all who gave advice. I have tried the solutions and it is
      working.
      Gratefully, Charlie
    • Dave Allen
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 12, 2003
        Hi Everyone,
        Sorry for cross posting this request but I need to ferrat this out whereever it may be.
        Does anyone have a manual for a Challenge Single head paper drill Style E?
        I have contacted Challenge and if they have any in their archives they are not admitting to them. I got thestandard response that it doesn't meet ansi standards etc. etc. - you know the drill..... (unconscious pun there!)
        If someone has one I would appreciate a scan or a photocopy for which I would be able to cover costs.
        Thanks
        Dave

        David Allen
        840 Snowdrop Avenue