Re: [PPLetterpress] Problems with InDesign 2.

  • E Roustom
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 5, 2003
      Bryan is right.
      You may want to go one extra step: get the driver for your service bureau's
      rip, and print a "press ready PDF" using that driver. The file you create
      should then be no different than what your bureau will make (except that's
      it's a PDF and not film). I've had absolutely no trouble sending PDFs for
      film output, and when I take care of all the seps myself, I also know what
      to expect.

      Good luck,

      Elias

      > From: Charles Jones <cjones@...>
      > Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:30:27 -0500
      > To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [PPLetterpress] Problems with InDesign 2.
      >
      > My regular service bureau usually prints files to a PressMate Negative
      > output. They upgraged to InDesign 2.0 from 1.5 and things were fine for a
      > while. I have a 100 page document prepared for them and all of a sudden
      > they can't print from InDesign. Pagemaker will work, but, although InDesign
      > will open Pagemaker files, PM won't open ID files. I need help.
      > The problem is the document is a play and the type is styled. When I copy a
      > page into PM the styling doesn't always stay the same. I can do it all
      > again but really don't want to.
      > Any suggestions?
      > Is there some someone who has worked around a similar problem?
      > Regards, Charlie J.

      > PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      > ? Encountering problems? contact:
      > PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
      > ? To unsubscribe:

    • Dave Allen
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 12, 2003
        Hi Everyone,
        Sorry for cross posting this request but I need to ferrat this out whereever it may be.
        Does anyone have a manual for a Challenge Single head paper drill Style E?
        I have contacted Challenge and if they have any in their archives they are not admitting to them. I got thestandard response that it doesn't meet ansi standards etc. etc. - you know the drill..... (unconscious pun there!)
        If someone has one I would appreciate a scan or a photocopy for which I would be able to cover costs.
        Thanks
        Dave

        David Allen
        840 Snowdrop Avenue