Oriental Book Arts in the Bay Area

  • minikin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2003
      Hello Everyone. I've been lurking and reading and watching and learning from
      all of you for a while now. Gerald was kind enoug to invite me to the list,
      and I come to you as an appreciator not as someone whom actually prints. I'm
      looking for information (or people or both) on the Oriental Book Arts scene
      in the Bay Area. This is my first "fly by", so to speak, so I have no
      specifics. Well, short of lettering/calligraphy and more importantly anyone
      who has continued the art of block books.

      Thanks much,
      Tiffany

      --
      Miss Wardle
      The Librarian at Typophile
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2003
        minikin writes:
        > I'm
        > looking for information (or people or both) on the Oriental Book Arts scene
        > in the Bay Area.

        Kazuko Watanabe's "The Diary of a Sparrow" is a remarkable yet not well
        known project. I think it's all done with etchings and some photopolymer
        work, no letterpress. One source of information is here

        http://www.nmwa.org/news/news.asp?newsid=26

        You could contact her through Kala in Berkeley or through Robert Allen
        Fine Art in San Francisco.

        --Eric